Saturday, September 10, 2011

The First Post

I had a hard time coming up with a title for this blog. My first title was "Things That Are Annoying Me" but if I titled it that I would have to update this blog way too often; the post I would have made after the GOP debate would have been enough to end the internet. So I decided to settle on "The Birnam Wood" which is a literary reference because I'm clearly trying to be an ivory tower elitist.

Next I had to figure out how I wanted the blog to be set up which was at least half an hour's work. I started with checking out the different styles, then the font and then the backgrounds. When I realized I could upload my own background I started getting excited (which is rather sad). I did a bit of image searching and decided on the image behind this post. It's The Red Room from David Lynch's Twin Peaks. Lynch is my favorite film director.

I am not sure what my upcoming posts will be about quite yet. Some will undoubtedly touch on politics as I never like to miss an opportunity for a solid rant. Otherwise I'll try and touch on some culture topics and form a mini-essay. Or something. Maybe I will discuss whatever book I'm reading (the chilling Lunar Park by Breat Easton Ellis) or what I'm watching (Season 2 of Sons of Anarchy).

So keep an eye on this blog. I will do my best to be entertaining.

2 comments: